Thursday, May 26, 2011

i am back....

omg. i am looking back over this blog and see it stopped the summer of 2010. why? because on Colt,my nephew's birthday party aug. 20th his 35th...i slipped going down his bank of wet evening dued grassy sloppe and whish...i slipped and heard a load crack. ugh...end results...a broked right tibia. Needless to say the whole party changed.  I and the cake were brought inside.  We did the singing eating bit and then the men of the family helped carry be of to the car and to home. That was a Friday. On Monday, I had it x-rayed and even though we thought it could be a sprang.  It was NOT.  Two days later...I had a plate and pins.  Gratefully I had a numbing potion which kept me from feeling any pain or discomfort.  I call the potion my dinisoar egg.  It housed in a black pouch which when I was up I wore around my neck. Yea for new methods of pain control.

 I have had tons of adventures since then.  you will hopefully be entertained by some of the items which came from this event.

if you can call this type of event a blessing...it has been a time of researching the archieves of my own library.  Books I have always wanted to be more a part of but never stopping to do so. 

It began with reading, actually reading the print in the "Book House Books" six volumes. Look them up.  They were printed in the 1920s.  Were an attempt to help young readers have a solid foundation of the world's literature of the times.

 I had only looked at the pictures. The art in these pieces took me everywhere and influenced my clothing designs.  They are mainly central European outfits.  And the stories are our history of our forbearers.  We of the 30s on were told these stories over and over again. Disney has used them.  more later. lv sue

No comments:

Post a Comment